Saturday, February 23, 2013

Alanna's Birthday



Hey!
This Tuesday was Roxy aka Alanna's birthday! She and her other half turned the big 2-0! No longer a teenager. In celebration of the glorious birth of our dear friend we made not-so-perfect oreo cake (hey the instructions were in spanish) and wrote some funny cards to her. Magdalena and I went to the American Store “Taste of America” to get Alanna some special things to remind her of home. I got her pop-tarts and a box of macarconi and cheese, Magdalena bought her a vanilla coke and coffee mate. Leila gifted her with hummus and pita bread. These were not exactly conventional gifts, but Roxy isn't exactly a conventional girl. Her parents are still visiting until thursday, so they celebrated by taking her to Tierra Burritto Bar (which I gave up for lent). Alanna, Eileen, and Luke went to see Crystal Castles (an electro dance duo) Tuesday night as well. They are awesome live (I've seen them in Boston) but I have an ear-infection, so I thought I'd better skip it.
Adios,
Jenny 
To her alter-ego

Cards for Alanna
   

No comments:

Post a Comment