Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bargaining: A Lifestyle

Howdy Yall,

This weekend the roomies and I went to Retiro Park and played some soccer, well actually we played fútbol. The weather was lovely this weekend aside from some rainstorms, so we were outside a lot. While in the park some mormon missionaries approached us while we took a break from running around playing soccer. They gave us the Book of Mormon and were very polite. Although we aren't big on religion we tried to be respectful of their beliefs. I might read it, after all we almost had a Mormon president in the United States.
Last night our favorite bartender Javier aka Javi threw a 20's themed party, so Magdalena and I put together our best flapper duds and headed over to La Psiqué. I happened to own a skirt with tassels in flapper fashion and Magdalena styled her short hair like Mia Farrow in "The Great Gatsby".

Framed!:Magdalena, Myself, Javi

The One and Only Javi
Today while Leila and I went grocery shopping we noticed a garage-sale thing going on at a store on our street. Multiple vendors were selling second-hand items for between 3-5 euros. I got some great stuff there and it felt nice to be buying something with a history behind it. I got a pair of earrings that a woman's friend had got her in Mexico from a Frida Kahlo museum. Leila got a really cool leather jacket and Magdalena went ham in there buying all sorts of neat stuff. She did some crafty bargaining and ended up with plenty of clothes to take with her to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day. 

My favorite revolutionary, Che Guevara immortalized on a jacket I got for 5 Euro

Frida Kahlo earrings
Over all, I had a really great weekend, just hanging out with my room mates. I am lucky these girls are so great to be around 24/7. Well that's all for now. 
~Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment