Friday, April 12, 2013

End of the Year Plans!

Since I took it easy over spring break by traveling in Spain, I decided at the end of the year I would travel to the places I desperately wanted to see. Looks like Leila, Alanna, Meaghan and myself will be traveling to London, Liverpool and Edinburgh! I have no idea when I will be back in Europe and it is so heart-breaking to think I won't be returning to Madrid in the Fall. Madrid was not what I expected, but I've fallen in love with all of its eccentricities. I've started walking to and from school instead of taking the metro so I can savor the moments I have left (as cheesy as it sounds).

Alanna and I have decided to start eating strictly vegan foods. We recently watched a documentary Forks Over Knives, (check it out on Netflix if you have it) and it inspired us to eat healthier. That's one of the bittersweet parts of living in MalasaƱa, we have a large variety of fast-food choices. I thought it would be really difficult the first few days of eating vegan, but it has helped me get more creative with vegetables. I went on the PETA website for some inspiration and they have some pretty easy and delicious looking meals. For example these scallion pancakes: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/recipes/scallion-pancakes.aspx They seem really easy to make and I already have most of the ingredients in the kitchen.

Well, I think I may try and make some now.
Hasta luego,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment